Raquette Lake Things
Here's a sample
of the things to do in and around Raquette lake ....
- Fish the lake and many adjacent ponds and
streams for Bass, Brook Trout, Perch, Bullhead,
Lake Trout, Salmon and pan fish.
- Participate in the Ice Fishing, Spring Trout and
Bass Fishing Tourneys.
- Go Water-skiing, Tubing, Wind-surfing,
Wake-boarding, Sailing, Paddling, Rowing or Motor
around over 90 miles of lake shore; most of which
- Swim, Snorkel, Scuba in clean water.
- Launch a Cuddy-cabin cruiser and anchor in a
- Explore South Inlet; Brown's Tract Outlet
stream; Beaver Brook; Boulder Brook; Marion River;
- Hike to Death Brook Falls; Sagamore Falls; or
enjoy numerous other trails.
- Camp out on an island or one of two NYS DEC
- Spend a day on an isolated beach.
- Climb West Mountain
- Visit Buttermilk Falls
- Tour turn of the century Churches and Great
- Slow down, relax and enjoy some of the best
scenery on earth.
- Play golf at a nearby course in the woods.
- Take a boat out into the middle of one of the
big bays on a clear night and look at the night
sky without any light pollution.
- Mountain Bike on over 43 miles backwoods roads
- Enjoy Strawberry Shortcake at the 4th of July
- Hunt Deer, Bear, Turkey and numerous Small Game
[But please leave the moose alone!]
- Enjoy the annual Durant Days activities. [First
weekend in August.]
- Participate in the Annual Fire department Kids
Auction, 'Stuff' Auction, School Craft Fair and
Library book sale. [Second weekend in August.]
- Chow down at the annual Hunter's Dinner.
- Take a Luncheon or Dinner Cruse.
- Take a Moon-light Cruse.
- Attend educational and fun events every
Wednesday night at the Library. [July - August]
- Attend free Entertainment by first class
entertainers at an 1800s Church. [Thursday
nights in July and August.]
- Attend church in a Church built in 1880.
- Enjoy open pit roast beef sandwiches as a part
of the Labor day activities.
- Snowmobile in pristine country.
- Help harvest ice as it was done early in the
- Go Snowshoeing and cross country skiing.
- Try your hand at the events at the Winter
Carnival. [Second Weekend in February.]
Raquette Lake has
Something for Everyone !